So far when I’ve brainstormed up models for my Dreamer crew I’ve mainly been going with “stuff that I can loosely fit/shoehorn in with the Nintendo theme”, and that’s what happened this time as well; namely Waldgeists. Apart from being pretty solid units, they have no particular synergy with Dreamer, game-wise, but who cares – they’re evil forest spirits, so obviously fit with hungry plants in pipes. Or something. It felt like a good idea at the time.
First up I scavenged some random material I had in mind – plastic pipes, wooden marbles and, of course, green stuff.
Next, I “draped” the marbles in green stuff to get the proper shapes for the “heads”. The marbles were later removed, once the green stuff had cured. Next I made leafs, stalks and teeth -basically everything that a Pirahna plant consists of.
For the sake of ease I painted the pipes separately. To spruce things up I added a mushroom but otherwise nothing fancy here.
The Pirahna plants themselves I added some nasty saliva but all-in-all it was a pretty straight forward paint job.
Finally, it was a terrible story about varnishing in too low a temperature, hence giving them both a horrible white frosting. It hurts too much to write of, but suffice to say I’ll never varnish spray in minus degrees again. So below is the re-painted version, painted with much angst and hopelessness. Enjoy.