You can hear the clatter of rain outside; it’s muffled as if run through a filter, but it’s still there. The room is empty save for an old, rusted ,steel-framed bed in one of the corners. There’s no sheets, just a mattress. It doesn’t feel that bad, despite its spartan look – at least it’s not the bare floor. If you had to describe your environment in one word, it would be “Grey”.
The sound of rain is gone now. You turn over in the bed and spot the television set in the middle of the room. The antenna hopelessly stretches up towards the ceiling like an old wizened willow. You wonder why it’s there since there’s nowhere to plug it in. You also wonder, briefly, why you don’t focus your attention on how it got there. The screen wakes up. First static, then slowly merging in a myriad of bright colors which fill the room with ghost-like multicolored rays penetrating the filtered Grey.
I wonder what’s on.
This battlereport is brought to you by the Prisma App. It’s great, innit? Going to keep the battle report down to bulletin points describing the game this time (Sounds like I write a lot of them. But I don’t. The last one was in 2012.) After the game we spent a lot of time discussing our plans and options, but sadly I don’t really recall them since it was 0:30 AM on a workday. So this is as good as it gets!
- Standard Deployment
- Convict Labor
- Take Prisoner (Outcast – Hungering Darkness, Neverborn – The Guilty)
- Exhaust their forces (Neverborn)
- Catch and release
- Set up (Outcast – Hungering Darkness)
- Jakob Lynch — 5ss
+Woke Up With A Hand – 2ss
+The Rising Sun – 2ss
- Hungering Darkness – 0ss
- Doppleganger – 7ss
+Retribution’s Eye – 1ss
- Insidious Madness – 5ss
- Stitched Together – 6ss
- The Illuminated – 7ss
- The Illuminated – 7ss
- Widow Weaver – 8ss
+The Mimic’s Blessing – 1ss
- Jack Daw — 4ss
+Twist And Turn – 2ss
+Writing Torment – 2ss
+Guillotine Injustice – 0ss
+Drowning Injustice – 0ss
+Firing Squad Injustice – 0ss
- Bishop – 10ss
- Nurse – 5ss
- Strongarm Suit – 10ss
- Sue – 8ss
- The Drowned – 6ss
- The Guilty – 5ss
- Outcasts wins initative and Guilty torments Bishop and Jack Daw torments Strongarm. Not a happy bunch.
- Hungering Darkness and Insidious Madness hides
- Strongarm pops a shot at an Illuminated, giving it 2 damage and Slow.
- Lynch forgets his third AP!
- Neverborn wins initative, giving it to Outcasts.
- Sue shoots Lynch, missing and suffering damage due to Hold ’em trigger.
- Stitched Together casts Gamble your life on Sue, dealing 3 Damage.
- Drowned walks up midfield dropping a scheme marker.
- Iluminated heals fully and picks up an ace.
- Jack Daw curses Stitched Together, dealing 2 damage and giving Guillotine injustice.
- Widow weaver Exhales terror on Drowned, paralyzing it.
- Insidious Madness heads to the flank and drops a scheme marker, faking Convict Labor.
- Bishop pushes up, walks then charges Insidious Madness, failing to kill it.
- Strongarm charges Widow Weaver, dealing 3 damage which she prevents.
- Nurse forcefeeds some medication to Lynch, giving him Hallucinogens.
- Doppelganger mimics Heed my voice, forcing Strongarm to attack illuminated, failing the horror duel and thusly paralyzing Strongarm.
- Hungering darkness Heeds nurse to attack Widow weaver, also failing horror duel.
- Outcast wins iniative
- Jack Daw charges Hungering Darkness, killing it by attaching and ripping out a curse. Hungering Darkness Buries.
- Widow Weaver exhales terror on Guilty, paralyzing it.
- Bishop finally kills the Insidious Madness.
- Stitched Together walks up and Exhausts the Drowned.
- Doppelganger mimics Strongarm suits ranged attack, shooting twice and killing Sue.
- Lynch Plays for Blood twice, killing Nurse and bringing out Hungering Darkness
- Hungering Darkness Heeds the Strongarm to attack Widow Weaver, again failing the Horror duel and going Paralyzed.
- Outcasts wins the initative, but Doppelganger cheats it with Ill Omens.
- Hungering Darkness attacks the drowned but only manages to do 2 damage due to a black joker. Drowned becomes Brilliant.
- Illuminated charges the Drowned and kills it. The Drowned drops a scheme marker thanks to Finish the job.
- Bishop charges the Stitched Together and brings it down to Hard to Kill.
- Illuminated exhausts Strongarm.
- Tormented hits Hungering Darkness, but the damage is prevented with Soulstones.
- Widow Weaver exhales terror on The Guilty, paralyzing it.
- Widow Weaver Sezes prey on the Strongarm, paralyzing him as well.
- Doppelganger mimics Heed my Voice, walking Bishop into the Illuminated and also ends up Paralyzed thanks to Terrifying.
- Jack Daw drops a Scheme marker close to Hungering Darkness.
- Lynch kills Hungering Darkness with Final Debt to try and deny a potential Set Up.
- Illuminated exhausts Strongarm
- Jack Daw kills the Illuminated and then Obeys Bishop to attack Widow Weaver
- Lynch Plays for Blood versus Bishop, and then casts Final Debt for 2+7 damage while calling forth the Hungering Darkness.
- Game ends.
- Outcasts score Take Prisoner, 2 VP, against Hungering Darkness.
- Neverborn score Take Prisoner, 2 VP against The Guilty.
The sound of rain is back now. The television set is gone.